The Broken Bay Catholic School Parents (BBCSP) represents all parents of children attending Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Broken Bay. It is the official body recognised by the Bishop and Catholic Schools Broken Bay (CSBB) to represent and support the participation of all parents & carers in our Catholic School communities and strengthen the important partnership between parents & school.
Broken Bay Catholic School Parent aims to:
- Support P&F teams / parent bodies and their parent community;
- Promote and strengthen the parent / parish / school partnership;
- Strengthen the participation, involvement and engagement of all parents in our Catholic schools;
- Keep parents in touch with educational and social issues;
- Promote the Catholic School parent perspective at all levels School, Parish, Cluster, Diocesan and State.
Each school has a Catholic School Parents (CSP) representative that attends a termly meeting with all members of the BBCSP and run by the BBCSP management team. There is also an annual leadership dinner for CSP representatives, P&F executives and principals.
By developing and providing resources to assist parents in their leadership roles within their school community, we are encouraging the proactive involvement of ALL parents in Catholic Schools and Parish Communities.
The Broken Bay Catholic School Parents organises and hosts a series of Parent Seminars throughout the year which are highly informative and practical on a large range of topics at no cost.
Currently BBCSP is offering free access for up to 500 people to the webinar by Maggie Dent on ‘Practical Parenting in a Pandemic’